The event is rain or shine.
Purchase required for rides and games.
Join us as we celebrate Broad Ripple Village with a 4-day festival featuring activities for the entire family. The Broad Ripple Carnival is brought you by the BRVA and Event Title Sponsor State Farm – Elizabeth Marshall. The event features carnival rides and games, food and drink, a craft beer garden, live music entertainment, community booths, and a history exhibit provided by Broad Ripple Gazette will be on display. Saturday will feature an artisan flea market, and join us Sunday for the Hoods and Hops Vintage Car Show.
Thursday, August 8, 6 – 9 pm
Friday, August 9, 5 -9 pm
Saturday, August 10, 12 – 9 pm
Sunday, August 11, 12 – 7 pm
Broad Ripple Park
1500 Broad Ripple Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46220
All ages are invited to participate in the Carnival.
It’s dog friendly too! Just please have your dog on a leash in the park at all times.
Admission to the Carnival is FREE — but here is what you will have to pay for:
- Food and drink
- Alcoholic beverages in the Beer Garden
- Carnival rides and games: These require tickets which you can purchase for $1.50 each. Or wristbands can be purchased for unlimited rides and games. (Day: $15; Evening: $20)
Amusement Park History
An amusement park was built on the site of Broad Ripple Park in 1906. The carousel pictured once was in the park and is now at the Children’s Museum. Attend the Carnival to learn more about local history.
ALL GUESTS AND THEIR BELONGINGS – PURSES, BAGS, BACKPACKS, COOLERS, ETC. – ARE SUBJECT TO SEARCH
Allowed: What You Can Bring
- Blankets, sheets, towels
- Small folding camping/lawn chairs
- Small coolers (may contain food and sealed water)
- Baby strollers
- Bikes (there will be plenty of bike parking)
- Dogs (please be sure they are leashed and well-socialized for festival environments and crowds)
Restricted: What You Cannot Bring
- Weapons of any kind, including fireworks or explosives of any kind
- Any outside beer, wine, or liquor
- Illegal or illicit substances of any kind
- No unauthorized/unlicensed vendors allowed. No unauthorized solicitations, campaigning, handbills, sampling, give-a-ways, sales, etc.
If you have a question or are unsure about an item, please contact us.
Directions and Parking
The carnival takes place in Broad Ripple Park located at 1500 Broad Ripple Avenue, a 61-acre facility managed by IndyParks.
Walk or Bike
- Event attendees are encouraged to walk or bike to the event. Broad Ripple Park is approximately .5 miles from the Monon Trail and Central Canal Towpath.
- IndyGo Route 17 services Broad Ripple Village and Broad Ripple Park, click here for their online trip planning service.
- Event attendees should park in the neighborhood surrounding the park.
- There is a limited number of spaces at Broad Ripple Park reserved for handicap patrons and users of the Dog Park and Family Center.
- All other vehicular traffic and parking is restricted.
Sponsor the Event
Sponsorships are available for this great local community event. Please consider supporting this four-day event for Broad Ripple Village. Request the list of sponsor benefits by contacting Broad Ripple Village Association, Kent Springer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 946-1561.
Event coordinators are looking for volunteers to help with the event. Volunteer shifts are only 2.5-3 hours and include such tasks as selling ride tickets and wristbands, monitoring the history exhibit, manning the info booth, and helping with set-up and tear-down. Sign up here at email the BRVA office at email@example.com or (317) 251-2782.
Be a Vendor
The celebration will feature food service daily; and an artisan flea market on Saturday. If you are interested in vending at the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reserve a Community Table
You are invited to meet the public and advertise your business at one of our Community Tables. We provide tables and chairs and you provide information about your business or non-profit organization.
- For-profit businesses may reserve a 3-hr time block for $100.
- Non-profit businesses may reserve a 3-hr time block for $50.
- For a reservation, please contact event chair, Elizabeth Marshall at email@example.com or (317) 531-9910.
Time Blocks (Community Tables are reserved in three-hour time blocks.):
- Thursday 6-9:00
- Friday 6-9:00
- Saturday, 12-3:00, 3-6:00, 6-9:00
- Sunday, 12-3:00, 3-6:00
8-foot table and 2 chairs provided by event organizers
Organizations may share information, pass out flyers, host an interactive activity, etc.
Tablecloths, banners, and signage welcomed!
You may bring a 10′ by 10′ pop-up tent as well
- Free pre-packaged food/candy/water may be distributed, but nothing home-made
For a reservation, please contact event chair, Elizabeth Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 531-9910.