This is so easy to do and so addictive to eat! It makes the perfect appetizer with drinks for gathering on the patio with friends. Thanks go to Market Master Barbara for finding this little gem of a recipe!
Blistered Shishito Peppers
recipe by Marissa Lippert for Bon Appetit
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups whole shishito peppers
- Flaky sea salt
Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet, over medium-high heat. Cook peppers, turning occasionally, until they begin to blister on all sides. Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.
Cook’s Note: Don’t be shy with the salt. And a squeeze of lemon overall to finish is brilliant!
Pair with this refreshing cocktail and you have the makings of a great little party!
Watermelon Cucumber Cooler
recipe from Cookie and Kate
- 2 ½ cups watermelon, seeds removed, cut into chunks
- ½ large cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 ounces vodka
- Place a fine mesh sieve over a large bowl or pitcher. In a blender, puree the watermelon and cucumber chunks. Pour mixture through the sieve into the bowl. Use the back of a big spoon or rubber spatula to squeeze all the juice into the bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together lime juice and honey. Pour the lime juice and honey mixture into the watermelon and cucumber juice, along with vodka. Adjust sweetness with more honey if desired.
- To serve, fill two glasses with ice and top each with cocktail. Garnish with cucumber and lime slices.